Hello!

If you would like to participate in discussions, please sign in or register.

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

Due to changing needs and technologies, the SMT Executive Board has decided to retire SMT Discuss (effective Nov. 9, 2021). Posts will be preserved for archival purposes, but new posts and replies are no longer permitted.

New E-Book Translation of Werckmeister's Final Opus

Hello Everybody,

My new translation of Werckmeister's final opus, Musicalische Paradoxal-Discourse (1707), has recently been completed and is available in e-book format. It is the first translation of the book. I am hoping more people will be interested in creating translations in e-book format, as most translations, as you all know, are prohibitively expensive for students (and faculty!). For those who don't know my work, I am also the translator of Cribrum musicum (1700) and Harmonologia musica (1702), published by Pendragon Press in 2013. The translation includes the original German as well as commentary. A significant size preview of the book is available on my website here:

http://caseymongoven.com/writing/Musicalische_Paradoxal-Discourse_Preview.pdf

If you would like to support the translation and purchase the entire book, it is available for $5.99 at lulu.com as well:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/casey-mongoven/werckmeisters-musicalische-paradoxal-discourse-1707/ebook/product-22773850.html

If it interests you, I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Casey Mongoven