Hello!

If you would like to participate in discussions, please sign in or register.

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

Due to changing needs and technologies, the SMT Executive Board has decided to retire SMT Discuss (effective Nov. 9, 2021). Posts will be preserved for archival purposes, but new posts and replies are no longer permitted.

Collaborative doc for online resources @ SMT Humanities Commons

Dear members,

To collect all the great resources that have been floating around on social media and on this list, I have started a collaborative doc (like Google Docs) on our Humanities Commons (HC) page. This is located under the Docs tab.

I urge all members to consider adding any links to the document that could help someone teach online. Current categories in the Table of Contents are:

• Open access articles, books, and textbooks

• Websites with Music Theory Content

• Websites with Ear Training Content

• YouTube Channels

• Technology tips and guides

I put in a handful of sources under each category to get us started, but the list is far from exhaustive. I’m sure I’ve overlooked some excellent resources. I intend for all members to contribute and help these lists grow. 

Anyone may contribute to the doc. You just need to log in, and if you haven’t already, sign up for the group.

Additionally, the HC page is also a great place to share any of your personal documents (assignments, lesson plans, etc)—do this under the Files tab.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best,

Megan Lavengood

Megan L. Lavengood  |  Assistant Professor, George Mason University