Hello!

If you would like to participate in discussions, please sign in or register.

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

Due to changing needs and technologies, the SMT Executive Board has decided to retire SMT Discuss (effective Nov. 9, 2021). Posts will be preserved for archival purposes, but new posts and replies are no longer permitted.

Music Theory Tenure Committee Document

I seem to recall some time ago (maybe as much as 10-15 years) a document being created by members of the Society (possibly an official committee) that was designed to help upper-level tenure committees understand how to evaluate the work of music theorists (what we do, how we publish, etc.). Does anyone know the whereabouts of this document? And if I am mistaken about the existence of this document, it would be a great idea to have something like this!