Hello!

If you would like to participate in discussions, please sign in or register.

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

Due to changing needs and technologies, the SMT Executive Board has decided to retire SMT Discuss (effective Nov. 9, 2021). Posts will be preserved for archival purposes, but new posts and replies are no longer permitted.

Listening examples for new Tonal Harmony, 8e

All,

The new edition of Kostka, Payne, & Almen, Tonal Harmony, includes the option for an online component called "Connect," which may be bundled with the textbook or purchased in a separate subscription.  From what I can tell, the recorded examples for the text and workbook can now only be accessed through Connect.  If this is true, I think is a giant step backwards and a disturbing development.  The cost of this venerable textbook should be enough to allow students access to the recordings, in my opinion.  I have written to my McGraw-Hill rep, but have not received a reply.  Does anyone have a definitive answer?  Is it possible still to access the recordings online as it was with the previous edition?  I hope I just missed something, and there is a simple explanation.  I also apologize if I mischaracterized Connect and how it relates to the book.  Any help sorting this out would be appreciated.

Best,

Rick